Executive Director (Europe)
Internet Security Alliance
Richard was Group Corporate Security Director with Vodafone for six years until April 2015. In that role he was responsible for all security and malicious risk management issues for one of the world’s largest telecommunications companies, with approximately 430m customers in over 100 countries.
Richard has served as a Board member of the Internet Security Alliance (ISA) in Washington DC since 2012. He is the founder of Richard Knowlton Associates (www.rkassociates.eu).
Richard joined the corporate sector as Head of Security Global Operations with the Italian UniCredit Group, the largest bank in Central and Eastern Europe. He had earlier completed a career in the UK Foreign Service, where he worked in Europe, Africa, the Middle East and the Americas.
He lives and works in Italy.
WHAT IS Internet Security Alliance (Europe)
ISA (Europe) is the European Operation of the Internet Security Alliance (ISA).
Structured as a multi-sector international trade association, ISA is a unique organization. We combine the thought leadership of a think tank with the advocacy of a trade association and the programmes of a professional association.
Founded in 2001 in collaboration with Carnegie Mellon University, ISA has been out front on cyber security leadership for 15 years.
ISA (Europe) brings together leading European companies from multiple industry sectors and different EU member states.
ISA (Europe) MISSION AND GOALS
Our mission is to integrate advanced technology with economics and public policy to create a sustainably secure cyber space.
Our goals are to:
- Provide thought leadership in the field of cyber security
- Advocate public policies that will improve our collective cyber security posture in a market-oriented and economically sustainable system
- Promote the creation and use of sound cyber security standards, practices and technologies.
ISA (Europe) VALUE PROPOSITION
There are many organizations in Europe which focus on cyber security issues. But none of them looks like ISA (Europe).
- ISA (Europe) represents a comparatively small group of leading EU companies that meet regularly and have a clear shared vision and goals.
- We have well-defined policy positions.
- We conduct our programmes systematically to address cyber security simultaneously from a public policy, enterprise risk management and technical perspective.
- We provide industry leaders with a means of collaborating in a practical, focused and effective manner.
- Sponsorship of ISA (Europe) provides member companies with a unique opportunity to propose and lead new and innovative projects that will strengthen and grow cyber security in Europe.
- By advocating the pro-market, self-regulatory policies that are fundamental to ISA, member companies stay competitive in global markets.